In addition to the news that Daniel Burka joins us for the keynote presentation, there are eight great reasons why I think the In Control Web Design Workshop Conference is a great deal:
- In Control 2009 offers an excellent value. Compared to other conferences, In Control is more affordable and delivers more bang for your buck. Register early and save $100. AIGA members get an additional discount. (Contact your local AIGA Board for more details.)
- Workshop-based sessions enable you to delve more deeply into the material and learn more. Workshop focus avoids cursory review of material, a common complaint of other Web design conferences.
- You rarely find these speakers in the Midwest. We bring them all together for two content-rich days.
- In Control has something for everyone, from master to novice. New Web designers and print designers learn the basics first—HTML and CSS—then progress through advanced topics, including user testing and Web style guides. No Web designer is left behind.
- Wrap-up panel at the end of each day features available speakers for follow-up questions and cross-pollination of material from multiple sessions.
- Cincinnati hotels are much more affordable than those in Seattle, Boston, San Francisco and Chicago. Again, this means a greater value and return on investment for you.
- In a tight economy, expanding or refining your skill set is crucial. In Control focuses on practical, applicable skills you can use now, rather than vague big picture stuff.
- AIGA Cincinnati is a non-profit professional association for design. Every dime of your conference fee goes back into design education, mentoring, and information for the business community and public.
Now I can add a ninth reason why registering for In Control is an awesome deal:
- Everyone who registers for the In Control Conference before April 23rd gets entered to win a chance for the CS4 Master Collection (retail $2,499) donated by In Control’s new sponsor, Adobe.
If you register before May 11th, you get $100 off regular pricing for In Control. The early bird discount makes it affordable–and if you are an AIGA member, you get an even better break on the price. If you want the discount code and are an AIGA member contact your local chapter’s board.
If you aren’t an AIGA member, feel free to use my discount code, INCSCHM, and save $50.